The village of Horodiste hosted the third edition of "Say Cheese Day" an event dedicated to Moldovan cheeses and development of rural tourism. It was organized by Madein.md in partnership with the Association of Franco-Moldovan Solidarity "Vent d'Est", which is also a cheese producer and the host of this beautiful event.
As it was established at the first two editions, the event is organized with the goal of promoting domestic producers, encouraging the consumption of cheeses made in Moldova and promoting the active tourism.
The holiday brought together about 200 guests from the country and from abroad, who discovered a large variety of cheese products manufactured in Moldova. The participants had the opportunity to about 50 varieties of cheeses from 17 local producers.
Producers who were present at the event:
1. Vent D'Est (Tome and Reblochon cheeses);
2. Sălaşul Baciului (Pecorino (11 and 24 months maturation), Pecorino in wine (30 days maturation) and Caciotta);
3. Public Association "Dancu Tabita" (Gouda, Gouda favorite, Geak classic, Geak piquant, Cheddar classic);
4. Negruţ & Fulguţa LLC, a company that produces traditional sheep and goat cheeses (salted branza, cas, urda) and cheese cream paste with various condiments.
Producers who indirectly took part in the event by providing cheeses for the tasting:
5. SC Fabrica de brinzeturi Cahul (Estonian cheese 45%, Tezaur cheese 40%).
6. Lapmol LLC, Casuta Mea brand (suluguni pigtails, suluguni sticks, mozarella for pizza (square and round shaped), cheeses Halummi and Agadeiskii. It was a debut for this company in cheese production.
7. Ferma cu Origini LLC / Fresco Latte (Mozzarella; Ricotta; Provola; Scamorza; Canestrato; Burrat, Mozzarella for pizza, Perle de Mozzarella, Mozzarella Bocconcini);
8. SA Fabrica de unt din Floreşti - Milk Mark (Dutch 45%, Poshekhon 45%, Russian 50%, melted cheese "de Basarabia" 30%);
9. IM Met SC Produse Impex/De Drochia (cheese "de Drochia" Fresh 35%, cheese "de Drochia" Royal 35%, cheese "de Drochia" 35% (Feta), salted mozzarella classic and mini, suluguni "Cecil" pigtails and sticks);
10. IP Oganes Vardanean (semi-hard armenian cheese "Liana", semi-hard armenian cheese "Arthur", hard armenian cheese "Ceanah", cottage cheese);
11. VC Saturn-13 LLC / BraviLacta (cheese "Andrieş", cheese "Andrieş" with greens, mozzarella balls, mozzarella for pizza);
12. Avacon - Prim LLC (classic and smoked suluguni, suluguni sticks, cream cheese, cheese bun);
13. SC Fabrica de brânzeturi din Soroca, brands Alba and Prezident (Dutch cheese, Russian cheese, smoked cream cheese "Basarabia");
14. Lactis SC (cheese "Moldova" 50%, cheese "Rusia" 50%, cheese "Gouda" 48%, cheese "Provincial", smoked sticks 40%, melted cheese "De Basarabia" 38%);
15. Inlac SA (Cheese "De Cupcini" stcks with bacon 40%);
16. VilaDor (goat cheese "de Măgura");
17. BioMilk (Canestrato, Provola, soft cow cheese (cas), Ricotta, two types of Mozarella).
Therefore, the guests of the event had a unique opportunity to try a wide range of industrial and artisan cheeses and cheese products. Many of the present manufacturers are still unknown to domestic consumers, who for the first time learned that Moldovans make cheeses using Italian, French or Armenian technologies. All these products have been presented during a large final tasting.
Besides that, there were organized several tastings called Cheese & Wine Pairing, under the guidance of famous local sommelier, Mihai Druta.
Madein.md expresses its gratitude to moldovan wine producers who offered us their wines for the final tasting and for Cheese & Wine Pairing.
1. Vinaria DAC (Dac Winery Reserve 2015, Dac Roșu Domnesc Balada 2015);
2. Chateau Cristi (Sauvignon Blanc);
3. Leuntea Vin (Cabernet sauvignon 2017, Rose 2017, Muscat 2017, Chardonnay 2017);
4. Carlevana Winery (Feteasca Regală, Sauvignon Rosé, Merlot 2016, Malbec 2012, Rubinus 2011);
5. Basavin Winery (Gold Chardonnay, Sauvignon);
6. Vinuri De Comrat (Feteasca Neagră și Rară Neagră, 98 Hectares Sauvignon Blanc)
as well as Cricova winery for offering us the sparkling wines Crisecco Brut Rose and Crisecco Brut Alb to meet and greet the guests.
We will also like to thank Biscottini, who offered us Gressini made with olive oil and flax seeds,
brand Fruit2Go who offered us dried tomatoes, prunes, walnuts and hazelnuts.
and Tehnorol for their paper-made, disposable dishes.
We were happy to meet a new local brand Pastas, who makes cream-pastas using various nuts and seeds.
In addition to promoting local producers, Say Cheese Day was also concieved with the aim of supporting rural tourism: there were organized trips to the Tipova waterfalls with a guide from the National Museum of Ethnography and Natural History, as well as wagon rides through the village of Horodiste. The guests of the event had the opportunity to relax, spend time in nature and discover the beautiful landscapes near this picturesque village.
The guests could take part in a masterclass for creating lavender headbands, under the guidance of florists reprsenting Florart company.
while children had the opportunity to take part in a masterclass on stones painting.
During the event, guests had the opportunity to enjoy the music of DimiTrio band and Alina Crai.
Say Cheese Day was organized in order to emphasize the great variety of domestic producers and to promote the development of rural and adventure tourism in Moldova.
Here is a photoreport made by Madein.md team at the event. The full gallery can be visualized on our facebook page.